Pages

April 16, 2007

Green tomatoes...


I think I missed the boat (maybe there is a more fitting analogy in relation to gardening??) with my tomatoes this year. The plants got knocked over about a month ago in a storm and I just left my tomatoes on the vines until I noticed that the plants had pretty much died, so I decided to harvest them and see if they will ripen on their own. I did attempt one batch of "fried green tomatoes" shortly after they got blown over, but wasn't too fussed on them (of course I haven't tried them before, so had nothing to compare my version of fried tomatoes with).

They're not the most attractive tomatoes with a bit of damage to the skins, but I still want them to ripen!

2 comments:

Rach said...

green tomato chutney - we're making ours tomorrow!
I took CC our last red tommies tonight.

Nik said...

Ah, sounds good. Off to google a recipe...