Pages

August 12, 2011

Another week...

Garden: Yay, I got into the garden earlier on in the week! I dug in my blue lupens, sprinkled wood ash over them, added more chicken poop and lightly dug it all through. Not too happy about the HUGE blister I got of my hand though - didn't even notice it chaffing over a sticky-outie bit on the spade until it popped. Got me out of doing dishes for a night anyway ;)

Chickens: All three chickens now have bright red, plump combs, so I know that we'll shortly have 3 eggs a day - can't wait! As it is I've already stopped buying eggs with just one egg a day.

Drawing: Yesterday the weather turned cold and miserable. Perfect drawing weather! Just what I needed to get stuck back into my course. So with the fire roaring, and my cup of tea beside me, I started by brushing up of my skills. I continued on with another portrait before moving onto the next chapter on shading.

Tattoo: For a while now I've been wanting to get another tattoo (I got my 2nd back in January), so spent a bit of time online finding inspiration for designing my own. I've finalised what I want, and have it all booked for in 3wks time! It involves a lotus, a bird, spirals/korus, and the elements of nature - and it's pretty!

Ukulele: Went to my 2nd ukulele class today. I have been practicing my chords all week, as well as trying to get the strumming down pat. I tend to have a problem with getting my fingers stuck between the strings and pinging them. So, I've spent a lot of time researching the problem, and finding ways to overcome it. It just all seemed to click for me yesterday, and I found the perfect place for *my* fingers and thumb to be when strumming. Then I moved onto learning some different strum patterns. Number 10 of this tutorial is my favourite so far.

Illness: Ick, poor Simon seems to have come down the flu. He's been in bed since yesterday morning and his symptoms so far seem so similar what I had a few months back (sleeping all day, fevering, sore throat, headache...). I'm really hoping that his one is the same variety as the one I had - I really don't want to get another flu!

No comments: