Pages

July 31, 2011

A spring-like day

It was quite a lovely day yesterday (aside from a bit of a breeze in exposed areas). I had a list of errands to get through, so the kids and I ventured out of the house late morning.

~ First up we headed to get me a new SIM card for my phone. I had decided when my pre-pay credit had disappeared, that I was going to switch over to 2 Degrees (about half the price for sending texts). I'm not a high mobile phone user, so don't need 100s of texts per month, and never make phone calls - just wanted the cheaper standard text rate.

~ Then to the library to return half our books (we usually get the maximum allowed of 30 books).

~ Off to the market to stock up on fresh fruit and veges for the week.

~ Then over to the park to feed the ducks and have a play in the playground. My kids have been a bit deprived of feeding ducks. Eating gluten free has meant no cheap bread in the house to sacrifice for the ducks (although, with Danielle at school now, I do make her sandwiches with a good quality wheat-based bread), and I freeze all our bread anyway, so there is never stale bread lying around. However, after having been on holiday for 5 days, we did have some slices of stale bread to do something with (the GF bread was used in last night's dinner).



~ I then went and browsed a local designer shop for a ceramic pendant necklace I've had my eye on. There wasn't one on display as I exactly wanted, but was able to put a request in with the artist to have one custom made (it will be a combo of 3 that were on display). I'm not a huge jewellery wearer (just a simple bangle, a moonstone ring, and my pounamu), but this just took my fancy as something a bit different to pop on on occasion.

~ In the evenings I've been enjoying the warm glow from my Himalayan rock-salt lamp. When we visited a friend while away on holiday, she gave me a lamp she no longer had space for  (she had six). They are meant to emit negative ions into the atmosphere (these are good despite the sound of it). I haven't done a lot of reading into negative ions, but I have heard of thunder storms and beaches being very high in them - I sure do enjoy the feeling of both of those, so who knows?!

No comments: