Pages

July 29, 2011

Instrument bag #2

After making the bag for my djembe, I was keen to make one up for my ukulele too (it came in a plain little bag).

I found a piece of dark denim that was an off-cut from a long skirt that I refashioned last year, but it sat around while I spent a bit of time pondering how I could embellish it and figure out how I was going to close it.

Last night I found a wide strip of fabric with mushrooms on it that I adore. I used one strip when I made Danielle's foraging bag last year, but there were still two strips of mushrooms left. I think it looks great set against the dark blue of the denim.


For the closure, I kind of winged it. I don't think I could recreate it if I tried lol. I ended up putting a button on it, so will see how that works.

1 comment:

Jacinda said...

Cool. i've been meaning to sew a bag for Gunter's uke for....ever!