Pages

May 02, 2008

The Garden

This morning we went down and did our grocery shopping. Before heading into the supermarket we went next door to the organic shop where I wanted to purchase a local planting caldendar that has been recently released. I thought it was a small price to pay for specific ideas on what to do when in our area of the country - it was packed with plenty of other organic advice too which was nice to read in an easy to read relaxed kind of way.

With all the rain we've been having lately, whenever the sun comes out we're down into the garden just to hang out when we can. The veges that are down there are booming at the moment, so it's lovely to wander around the garden while the chickens are out for a scratch around.


Today I decided to turn some of the compost I'd randomly thrown together when I pulled out the end of summer plants. I pulled off the top layer and underneath it exposed a pretty good compost pile. The chickens are onto it now - whenever they see a garden fork, they're in there and scratching around.

I returned a few hours later to put them back inside and they were still at it.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful ruby chard Nikki.

Nik said...

It does look lovely, it really brightens up the garden!