Pages

May 26, 2008

Challenge update #1

So, I'll call Monday my reporting day - the end of our weekend around here (since Simon works Saturday's we have a Sunday/Monday weekend). Today we got through...

~ Cut down the rotten/broken apple tree - branches will be cut up for next years fire wood (plan to replace it with a dwarf apple tree)
~ Sowed winter seeds into propogators (cauliflowers, kale, spring onions, leeks, cabbages)
~ Mixed up a brew of ginger beer (haven't made any since the end of last year)
~ Assessed what seeds I have and which ones I need more of for Spring
~ Raked up Autumn leaves and made mulch piles and mulched my beetroot and lettuces
~ Relocated chopped down bamboo and other green waste onto one side of the garden so it's out of sight to do a long rot down and potential compost/mulch
~ Weeded my winter garden
~ Simon and the kids went out this afternoon to run our first errand on the bikes (well, Danielle on the back seat of Simon's bike). Yes, I know we're trailing a long way from others who have been doing this for a while, but the age of the kids has really gone against us until now since Nathan is able to ride along too. Errands are usually bundled up anyway, so if they didn't go out on the bikes today, we wouldn't have driven specifically down to the post office but I would have waited till tomorrow when we go to Playcentre. But it was nice for them to do it and will feature as a regular thing for us.

No comments: