Pages

May 17, 2008

Adding a little Cheer to the Cold autumn days


Well, as winter gets closer, the days are gradually getting a little colder. However, we've been having continued beautiful weather most days and I just love taking a few moments throughout the day to sit outside on porch to re-energise and soak up those warm rays of sunshine. A few weeks back I felt that my porch (which has become an extended room of the house now) needed a bit of added cheeriness. I have been so involved in practical stuff and vegetables that I decided it would be nice to have something there just because it looks nice. This way I don't sacrifice my garden to do it. I had a bunch of empty tufa-pots that I'd made years ago (when I was about 6 months pregnant with Nathan) sitting on the porch looking like they needed a bit of life living in them. So went out and bought some potted colour to brighten things up. I love it!


I've also been getting into a bit of seasonal decorating lately too. Just bringing in a bit of the outside to the inside. A mini-pumpkin that was sitting outside, a cool piece of driftwood we found at the beach a while ago, a few acorn tops and a basket of pine-cones in a basket outside the front door...


4 comments:

Jeffrey said...

This is very cool.

Jeffrey
http://www.iwomenspace.blogspot.com

Frances said...

Love the potted flowers!

We've got the pine cones and driftwood, thanks to the kids, but your pots have got me inspired to make something "pretty".

:-)

(Love your blogs by the way - I've been lurking here for a few weeks!)

Nik said...

Thanks Cesca, cool to have you reading along!

Sandra said...

Lovely Nikki. The flower love is getting you isn't it? :))

We'll both have borage flowers all over the place in Summer. I found a fabulous post on them on a blog called Garlic Breath - on my side bar to save me linking here.