Pages

September 02, 2007

Recycling...refashioning


Since Simon finished up with his job on Friday and over this weekend as I was in the process of washing/folding the weeks worth of business shirts which were embossed with his company logo, I started to wonder how I could reuse them.

Then this morning I read on Melanie's blog about making bags, and I've been reading about making cloth bags for yonks and never actually got around to it (lack of random fabrics I think and I didn't really want to go and purchase special fabric for the project). And besides, I have a calico one that I use already for library books on Errand's Day.

So, this evening after the kids were in bed I dragged out my no-often-used sewing machine and whipped this up in about 20mins. It's kinda rough, but pretty functional and I may even funk it up a bit if I feel inspired. The strap is long enough to go across to my opposite shoulder. Looks kind of like a skirt from the side LOL.

Now, I've got another 3 of these shirts out there. I was thinking they could be torn into strips and used to tie up my tomatoes when the time comes since the fabric is quite thin and soft and easily tie-able. Any other ideas on what else I can do with them?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice

Sandra said...

It looks a nice blue. What about refashioning them into gift bags for Christmas, or party bags?

Nik said...

Good idea about gift bags for Christmas presents...hmmm...need to do some planning!