Pages

September 02, 2007

Fantastic Fruit

I've spent the afternoon adding more fruit delights into the garden. Initially I wasn't really focused so much on fruit as we were fortunate enough to already have 5 different types of fruit trees on our property. But it got the better of me and I planted a blackberry and a passionfruit. A previous owner has certainly had the lower section set up as quite a garden in times gone by as there are many trelised areas all set up in the best sunny spots, so it made my decision easy on where to plonk them. I even found a rhubarb in my compost that I had pulled out a few weeks back since I found one buried under some long grass so sacrificed one, but I couldn't resist popping it back in again since it seemed to have bounced back to life. So those are nestled on either side at the base of the passionfruit. I also bought some strawberry seedlings to plant out during the week and have the wire meshing that I inherited from my nana's place when she moved which will come in handy.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I am green with envy. We seem to be reenacting the story of Noah and the flood in my small town.

Anonymous said...

be nice when they start reaping fruit

I LOVE passion fruit. I had one in Auckland when I lived there. That was until the silly lawn mowing man mowed over it