Pages

September 27, 2007

I've been waiting to to do this...

Haha, nothing so interesting really!

Everyday I've been keeping an eye on my patch where I planted the carrot and onion seeds directly into the ground. Unfortunately, the weeds also began to come away at the same time and it was really difficult to see where my seedlings might pop themselves up (and one of those hindsight things, I forgot to mark my rows as I planted them). So today it became evident what were onions and what were definitely not carrots (haven't ruled out some of the weeds just yet though as they're still in the early stages). I don't seem to have nearly as many onions as what I planted, and it really doesn't help that one of the neighbourhood cats has been using it as a pooping patch and therefore scratched up so much of the area!

So, I set myself in for a spot of weeding and spent a good hour down there and it looks much better.

We now have two patches of potatoes, one of corn (with some pumpkins positioned around the top on a mound of compost), one of greens, one of carrots/onions and beans along the fence.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Hello, Nikki!
Thanks for posting, very good.
Have a good weekend