Pages

June 01, 2007

Officially winter....and resisting the urge...

...to light the fire!


(a borrowed photo, we don't have an open fire - ours is an efficient eco-woodbox style).

I really want to get in the habit of layering up before taking the easy option of starting a fire. It's not all *that* cold just yet, but it's kind of in between, and when you get a day like today which has turned a bit blustery and drizzly there is something about a hot fire roaring in the corner of the room that warms the heart and spirit. I've just put a jumper on over my long sleeve t-shirt (so, it isn't that cold if it's taken me till almost 3pm to put one on). In the evening, Simon and I often look like grandma and grandpa with a blanket each to keep us warm while watching TV or at the computer. We have had maybe 1/2 dozen fires during autumn, so we'll see how long we last without without freezing our butts unnecessarily.

No comments: