Pages

March 29, 2007

I look forward to Thursdays!


Thursday in this house means that the weekly organic vege and fruit box arrives! The kids and I really look forward with anticipation to see what lovely things are going to surprise us.

Prior to getting the deliveries (it's been about a year) we maybe bought the same standard 6-8 different fruit and vege every week. Pretty boring in hindsight! Now, the box contains several standard things most weeks, but the rest changes frequently with the seasons, 17 different things this week - it really pushes me to be creative with my cooking, but best of all I love that we are getting a wider variety of nutrients in our meals (even if the kids don't eat all their veges, the type of meals I cook generally mean that it's all cooked together so they reap the benefits to some degree anyhow).

No comments: