Pages

May 09, 2011

A weekend of outdoor fun for all...

On Sunday, Simon took the kids over to Wainuiomata so Nathan could ride in the Bike Jams. He rode in the Bike Jams for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. This year's course was a bit longer (being a year older), and a bit more challenging. I was a bit sad about missing out, but they had loads of fun. Danielle rode on Simon's bike on the bike seat attached to his front bar, and they rode at the back of the pack while Nathan rode on where he was comfortable. It's not a competition, just a friendly ride with kids of similar age and ability.





Me? I had another women's weekend away. This one was a bit closer to home, but equally surprising and pleasant. Music, singing, sharing stories, campfire, delicious food, sleeping in a yurt... I went along thinking I didn't "know" anyone, but, as I have been finding more and more lately with people I meet, our lives seems to be interwoven and full of synchronicity. And there were many I recognised from around my community and was given the opportunity to get to know better.

Then Mother's Day dinner around at my mum's.

A yummy, fulfilling weekend all round.

No comments: