Pages

September 14, 2009

Signs of Spring...

No photos...but today as I was pottering in the garden I noticed...

Buds on the grape vines beginning to bulge and ready to sprout leaves.

Flowers on the strawberries.

Plenty of new growth on the wild blackberry that set up camp at my place.

The plums on the tree are about 1/2 cm in diametre now.

My daffodils have almost done their dash, but I can see my other new bulbs growing steadily alongside them.

The herb garden is suddenly starting to look full and lush with new growth and flowers on the lavender bushes.

I finally planted out my tomatoes, beans, pumpkins, cucumber and zucchinis - eek, hopefully the frosts are gone...

1 comment:

Laura @ Our Wee Farm said...

Hi Nikki, I 'saw' you on Cabbage tree Farm and realised that you and I are neighbours!
We're in Ohaeawai!