Pages

March 16, 2008

Fresh corn


The other day I harvested almost the rest of my corn. So today I decided to cut the kernels off them since no one is wanting to eat them anymore (after eating 2 or 3 a day initially lol). I decided to make corn fritters for lunch using the fresh kernels. Usually I make these with tinned creamed corn, so I needed to google a recipe to use. I was interested to find that mostly New Zealand sites came up with recipes - are these not really eaten around the rest of the world??

Anyway, here was the recipe I went with...

1 cup corn kernels
1 cup flour
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk

Mix together, drop a large spoonful into the pan and fry.

They were so much nicer than the tinned corn variety. The corn kernels had a nice crunch to them and were very juicy.

1 comment:

gary said...

We have corn fritters over here in Aus. They may be known as something else in other parts of the world?

Regards, Gary