Pages

November 25, 2007

What a lovely idea

With Christmas approaching and ideas going around on what to buy, what to make, what to give and trying not to get caught up in the hype of MORE, MORE, MORE, I was pleasantly surprised last week.

We attend Playcentre twice a week - it's a parent-run, government funded playgroup with about 25 kids per morning session.

Well, the Christmas party has been organised for a few weeks time - a barbecue down at one of the local reserves. We have been requested to bring a gift for our own children in the form of a Book. I thought this was just the *best* idea I have heard. It's pretty simple, and could be a book for $5 or $20 depending on your budget or whatever. Kids would never know the difference value-wise, and there will no envy of some getting lollies or others getting the most craved-after toy out at the moment. We like to get the kids a new book each for birthdays and Christmas anyway, so this gave me the drive to put it into action.

Books are still about the only thing I feel the need to buy when in a mall...mostly I buy online, but there is something about browsing a book stand.

No comments: