Pages

October 01, 2007

The garden as of today!


The lower garden where most of the action is going on!

You can see the edge of the bathtub at the bottom of the picture, it's sitting in it's frame and waiting for the piping to be attached with a bullcock valve (why can I not find much on the net for those who don't know what one is - perhaps there is a more "official" name for them??).

My vege plots are all rather square and straight-lined looking, but there is nothing about straight lines with the plantings inside them (aside from my carrots, onions and potatoes). They have been planted closely only allowing space for what each full grown plant requires. So rarely are there two same plants alongside each other either. Can't wait till it all grows up random and natural looking.


Here is the garden up by the front of the house (the herb/kitchen garden is to the right of this picture). I harvested the rest of my brocolli's a few weeks back and now we've got some lettuces, leeks, strawberries, pumpkins all placed up here somewhere.


And this is my front porch (front door just to the right of the picture) with all my seedlings growing. Gets great sun, good shelter and being up there I remember to tend to them!

2 comments:

Melanie Rimmer said...

Do you mean a ball cock? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_cock

Nik said...

Ah yes! A wee difference in spelling - strange thing is, there is a bit referring to them with the other spelling, just not much lol.