Pages

September 12, 2007

The key to my garden's survival

It's so simple really.

To go back a bit...I do not have a good track record with houseplants and previous attempted gardens. It has nothing to do with plants being eaten by pests, or lack of fertilizer, or overgrown weeds (well, those things probably would be an issue if it ever got that far!) - no, the key is owning chickens.

Why chickens? Well, the big issue for me is my slackness at providing water for said plants - and chickens provide me the means of remembering to water my plants at the same time. I spend time down in my garden coz my chickens are so cool to hang out with and watch that I then realise my plants need tending and looking after...

So there you have it!

Now the test will be, if my plants make it through with enough water, will the other factors then go against me?

No comments: