Pages

September 21, 2007

A bath for a trough

Well, I've found me a trough!

My stepdad (who would have fit on the set of Steptoe and Son) picked up a bathtub that was being off-loaded at the tip while he was there, so he quickly snaffled it up before being spotted by the "dump people" and told not to scavenge. He had no use in mind for it and it's just been lying around taking up space at his house, so it's been offered to us - yay! He also picked up some roofing wire which will be perfect for fitting over the top to safety proof it.

I'm hoping this will be worked out in the coming weeks (need to source the piping to sink into the ground) - the weather has warmed up and I really need to access water now instead of toting the large watering can up and down to the garden to refill!

No comments: