Pages

September 01, 2007

Baking Soda Strikes Again...

I thought I'd do a follow up post from one of my first in blogging-land. Here I first discussed all the ways I had switched to baking soda and in effect eliminating shampoo, sprays, toilet and shower cleaners, how it is great for polishing stainless steel and removing grime, good as a facial scrub and much more.

Well, I have now decided to try it as a replacement for toothpaste and deoderant.

I have dabbled with using a deoderant stone on and off over the years, and have reverted back to it recently when my last bottle of roll-on ran out, but it really still doesn't cut it.

Last night I went on a girls night out and one of the ladies uses baking soda for the base of tooth powder (the old fashioned way to clean teeth) and deoderant so I thought I'd give it a go since I am well stocked up on it in both my shower and bathroom already.

For the tooth powder I mixed a bit of cinnamon into it to flavour it up slightly (peppermint oil would be nice too, or orange zest). It wasn't so bad! Slightly salty tasting, and quite gritty, but definitely do-able and I have heard that it tends to eliminate that next morning furry feeling permanently - I wonder if it somehow neutralises the acid in saliva or something?

As for my deoderant, well I just patted some on after my shower (using the shake bottle that I use for washing my hair) - so will see how today pans out with that one! A bit of lavender sprinkled into the bottle of BS might be quite nice for a light fragrance too.

That poor salesman who knocked on my door the other day giving me the speil and quoting that most people spend up to $400 a year on cleaning products and how their product for only $80 for a litre of cleaner was value for money....hmmmm.....not for this house.

No comments: