Pages

June 11, 2007

A tentative plan...


Well I drafted myself up a plan of the garden-to-be this afternoon. We have decided to not do Linda Woodrow's chook dome and go with a recycled materials rectangle coop. After pricing up an estimate of materials and from reading and hearing about how long they last we weren't so keen on going down that road just yet. So, our coop will probably be 1.2m wide and 2m long - that way it will be moveable, a good size for the 3 bantams and we'll just need to move it adjacent to itself to get a good sized square to plant into (of similar size to LW's dome). Here's my first draft of how I thought we might position the plant beds. Each bed will be 2.4mx2m and we end up with the same coverage as the book suggests. I'm sure there is room for improvement with this plan, so am off to re-read the book and see what I'm missing.

No comments: