Pages

June 25, 2007

A common sight


This is what the end of my lounge looks like most evenings - winter and summer. In summer though they are just waiting for folding, in winter they are often waiting for drying - so with the fire behind them they get nice and dry overnight. The only issue being that they then put extra moisture into the house that needs drying off. Last night was not cold enough for a fire though, so they are still sitting in my lounge today, yet it is too windy outside and the racks will get blown over. I only wash nappies every 3 days (rack includes traditional flats, a few modern pocket nappies, and a heap of home-made boosters from old towels), but run a load of clothes and miscellaneous items most days.

I have rarely used the washing line since living in this house. It was positioned (recently taken down with the renovations to the backyard going on) in an awkward place inside the dogs run, so not easily accessable, nor to have the kids with me. I also much prefer the ease and adaptability of being able to pop the racks outside on sunny days and bring them in if it rains. I am able to move them to the front porch to catch the afternoon sun once the morning sun has moved off the back deck.

We don't own a dryer, so I have had to be keep on top of the washing or else we run out and have no dry clothes!

No comments: