Pages

May 06, 2011

This little light...

Last week we gathered some lovely leaves from a friend's house, bought them home and flattened them under heavy books for a few hours (we still wanted them pliable to work with rather than dry and crispy) and then created some lanterns I've been wanting to do once we had some autumn leaves.

First up we pasted the leaves onto the jars. I then went on and pasted ripped up pieces of tissue paper onto my one for a different effect. We will locate some wire to attach around the tops.

6 comments:

Amity said...

ok, those are awesome. What did you use to put the leaves on the jars? I would like to try this when the leaves turn colors.
P.S. is it Fall in New Zealand?

Nik said...

Hi Erica! Yes, it's autumn/fall at the moment. I used what we call PVA glue - it's white, regular kind of non-toxic craft glue (and if you get it on your fingers it peels off). I just put some into a dish and we dipped the leaves in, as well as the tissue paper. it dries clear.

Jacinda said...

These are on my list too. I found a fairly big round vase in the op shop the other day and thought it would be perfect.

Amity said...

wow! thanks. my dream has always been to move somewhere Fall all year round. I realize there is no such thing, BUT hmmmm maybe there is a way to fulfill my dream by following fall! your a genius! only if i were rich:(
P.S. love your blog.

Nik said...

Sounds a lovely dream Erica!
Jacinda, your vase sounds perfect. Would love to see it when you're done.

S said...

ooohhh! Those came out fab!! I'll have to try this come fall....