Pages

April 11, 2011

Special (outdoor) spaces in my home

I just wanted to share a couple of our outdoor areas that I really like. These are on our front porch where our door is.

My pumpkins hardening off (and looking pretty) before storing. Simon made this
bench seat from some macrocarpa sleepers a few years back. The large lidded wicker basket is
full of foraged pine cones for fire starters.

Over winter the sun sweeps around low and hits in over our small porch - and the house shelters the area from the cold southerly winds. Until recently, the end of the porch (where the table and chairs are) was cluttered with a couple of storage cabinets/shelves, a large bin of shoes/gumboots, outdoor broom, kids bikes and scooters, and gardening items. That's a lot of stuff in that little space!

So, we moved ALL of that stuff down into the garage (much to Simon's disgust), as it will eventually be relegated to my garden shed (maybe this will help the process along...?). Then I found this wee table/chair set to help us utilise this wonderful sunny patch and can't bear to clutter it up again!
I can't wait to get the garden shed set up and even have interior design plans too LOL, it's not going to be a yucky chuck-it-in-and-forget-about-it kind of place. It needs to be functional and appealing and organised!

2 comments:

Johanna Knox said...

Your porch looks lovely - and I like your new-look blog! :)

dirtgirl said...

I love what you call the 'macrocarpa bench'. Good on you for decluttering and creating more living space.